Pen and Ink with Watercolors
Adult Enrichment / Art, Games & Hobbies -
From illustrations to printed media, pen and ink under-drawings for watercolors have held a place of honor throughout the years. In this class, participants will learn valuable skills of creating a drawing and translating it into a beautiful pen & ink work of art that will be accented with watercolors. We will study the bounty of our fall foliage for inspiration! Returning students benefit from additional reinforcement of learned skills while being encouraged to explore further.
- Mixed Media or Watercolor paper– hot-press or paper for Pens- at least 2-3 pieces for each class, 9x12" or 11x15" are good sizes - Can be found at Michaels or any art supply store.
- Sketch paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Pens – bleed proof pens such as micron-pigma/faber-Castell or fine tipped sharpies. (if you already have fountain pens, feel free to use them).
- An assortment of paint brushes - various sizes and types
- Rinse water cup
- Watercolor paints - Tube or solid –
- Mixing pallet (could be a meat tray or ice cream lid)
- Paper towels
Instruction will take place through Zoom. Registrants will receive an email from Farmington Continuing Education (email@example.com) containing a link and instructor information before the start of the course.
Portraits by ShawnaLee - ShawnaLee Kwashnak
New England Artist, ShawnaLee Waterbury-Kwashnak, has been drawing and painting her whole life. ShawnaLee specializes in pet and child portraiture and has been instructing art classes for more than 2 decades. She is skilled in a variety of media and is a board member of the Connecticut Society of Portrait Artists.For more information, find her on Facebook at Portraits by ShawnaLee or on her website www.shawnalee.com.