Savor the Flavor & Tour of Providence, RI
Trips & Tours / Day Trips & Tours -
Welcome to Federal Hill—Providence’s Little Italy. It is a great place to stroll and visit the Italian food emporiums. Enjoy a slice of Italy as you watch the great fountain in DePasquale Square.
Our first stop will be at Yoleni’s for appetizers. This store - opened in May 2018 and modeled after their flagship store in Athens, Greece - offers visitors an authentic Greek food experience. Enjoy a buffet of Greek specialties: sample items include Greek spreads with pita; 3 tomato salads with capers, olives, and feta; and grape leaves.
We then continue to Trattoria Zooma, a Southern Italian kitchen featuring handmade pasta and wood-fired pizza. The chef delights and entertains you with his tableside demonstration of the techniques used in pizza making.
Our 5-course meal includes salad, grilled pizza, fried mozzarella, potato gnocchi, penne pasta, and Chicken Marsala, with cannoli & coffee. Following lunch, we will stroll over to Venda’s Ravioli Emporium to shop for fine Italian foods, olive oil, and cheese.
We’ll complete our day with a riding Tour of Providence with our local step-on guide.
Trip includes motorcoach, lunch, riding tour, gratuities, and Trip Leader.
This trip is presented by Friendship Tours. They are taking careful measures so you can travel with peace of mind when you are ready. Friendship Tours understands the uncertainty that the current environment has created for travelers. You can rest assured that when your journey begins again with Friendship Tours the following safety and wellness protocols will be followed on all departures:
- Tours will be limited to fewer passengers. Empty seats on the coach will allow travelers to space out for a more comfortable experience.
- Face masks will be required when on the motorcoach as well as in the indoor establishments we will visit while on tour. Drivers, Tour Directors, servers, and hospitality staff will wear them as well.
- Two (2) signed forms will be required to travel - a Wellness Declaration Form and a Travel Liability Waiver. The forms MUST be completed and submitted by mail to Farmington Continuing Education (1 Depot Place, Unionville, CT 06085) or email (email@example.com) BEFORE the day of the trip.
- If you are not feeling well, have symptoms, or have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you DO NOT travel. Your wellness and the health of everyone on board is dependent on this commitment we make to each other.
- Motorcoaches will be disinfected before every trip. All surfaces will be sanitized often, including regular cleaning of high touch areas. Peter Pan Bus Lines is the first coach company in the US to utilize CDC-approved PermaSafe, a protective coating, to continuously kill viruses, including COVID19, bacteria, germs, and mold on contact.
- The front row on both sides of the motorcoach will be left empty for you and the Drivers' added safety.
- A hand sanitizer station will be available as you board the motorcoach. Tour Directors will have an additional supply of sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Frequent rest stops will be made accordingly to ensure the comfort of our passengers. Bathrooms on board the motorcoach will be available for emergency purposes only.
- Some attractions will require submission of a confidential list of passenger names/phone numbers/emails solely for contact tracing and passenger protection.
Friendship Tours is committed to delivering a memorable and fulfilling travel experience. They will work closely with vendors to ensure physical distancing during meals and sightseeing. They will also partner with accommodations, restaurants, and sightseeing venues that adhere to the highest standards of safety and cleanliness protocols. Please keep an eye on your health throughout your trip. If you do not feel well, your Tour Director is available and trained on how to support you. Please speak up!